In this course students will learn the necessary tools and resources to perform advanced tasks using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
After completing this course, students will be able to:- Describe the features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.- Set up the account structures and financial dimensions for the organization.- Perform financial budget-related activities in the Budgeting module.- Perform activities related to commitment accounting, transactions, and line amounts in the General ledger module. - Perform activities related to purchases, invoices, and vendor details in the Procurement and sourcing and Accounts payable modules.- Perform activities related to payments due in the Accounts receivable module.- Perform project accounting activities in the Project management and accounting module.- Describe Role Centers and generate public sector-related reports.
The class is suitable for accounting managers, accountants, bookkeepers, accounts payable and receivable managers, budgeting managers, project managers, and other people in public sector organizations responsible for the setup and administration of various accounting functionalities.
- Public Sector Requirements
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector Features
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector License
- Describe the requirements of the public sector industry.
- Describe features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
- Verify the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector license.
- Overview of General Ledger Setup
- Configure Account Structures
- Create Financial Dimensions
- Set Up a Chart of Accounts
- Lab : 2.1:Create a Fund Entity
- Lab : 2.2: Set Up a Chart of Accounts
- Budgeting Overview
- Configure Budget Control
- Create an Original Budget
- Work with Budgets
- Use Budget Control
- Process a Provisional Budget
- Process an Apportionment Budget
- Budget Reporting
- Lab : 3.1: Configure Budget Control
- Lab : 3.2: Process a Provisional Budget
- Lab : 3.3: Post an Apportionment Budget
- Distribute Line Amounts across Ledger Accounts
- Advanced Ledger Entries
- Commitment Accounting
- Perform Encumbrance Year-End Processes
- Perform General Ledger Year-End Processes
- Lab : 4.1: Distribute Line Amounts across Ledger Accounts
- Lab : 4.2: Perform Commitment Accounting
- Lab : 4.3: Perform General Ledger Year-End Processes
Procurement and Accounts Payable
- Manage Purchase Agreements
- Manage Unplanned Purchases
- Purchase Order Year-End Processing
- Invoice a Purchase Agreement without a Release Order
- Track and Report 1099 Information
- Assign a New DUNS+4 Number
- Disburse Invoice Payments to Multiple Vendor Bank Accounts
- Lab : 5.1: Manage Purchase Agreements
- Lab : 5.2: Create a Confirming Purchase Order
- Lab : 5.3: Generate 1099-S Tax Reports
- Set Up Billing Codes
- Set Up Billing Classifications
- Process Free Text Invoices by Billing Classification
- Process Recurring Invoices by Billing Classification
- Process Payments by Billing Classification
- Process Dunning Documents by Billing Classification
- Process Settlements in a Pooled Cash Setup
- Add Customer Attributes
- Lab : 6.1: Set Up Billing Codes
- Lab : 6.2: Create a Free Text Invoice Using a Billing Code
- Lab : 6.3: Set Up Billing Classifications
- Lab : 6.4: Process Free Text Invoices by Billing Classification
- Lab : 6.5: Process Recurring Invoices by Billing Classification
- Lab : 6.6: Process and Settle Payments by Billing Classification
- Lab : 6.7: Process Reimbursements by Billing Classification
- Lab : 6.8: Process Dunning Documents by Billing Classification
- Lab : 6.9: Use Customer Reporting Attributes
- Perform Project Budget Control
- Manage Grants
- Manage Multiple Funding Sources
- Lab : 7.1: Manage Multiple Funding Sources
Role Centers and Reports
- Role Centers
- Generate Accounts Receivable Reports
- Generate Customer Reports
- Generate Payment Approval Report
- Generate Budget Control Reports
- Perform Financial Analysis with Derived Financial Hierarchies
- Lab : 8.1: Generate Accounts Receivable Reports by Billing Classification
- Lab : 8.2: Generate a Customer Report
- Lab : 8.3: Generate a Budget Control Report
- Lab : 8.4: Set Up Derived Financial Hierarchies
Virtual 80338 Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector - Financials Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.