In this course, students will examine the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter vendor invoices and process checks. This course also shows you how to perform additional functions such as adjustments, prepayments, month-end closing, and cash flow control.
After completing this course, students will be able to:• Set up Payables Management and identify the customizable options available in the setup windows.• Perform all Payables Management related data entry functions including vendor invoicing, check processing, recurring vouchers, and manual checks.• Select documents for payment and make appropriate adjustments to payment amounts prior to check processing.• Correct input errors using the Edit Transaction Information window.• Perform maintenance on Payables Management documents and other records such as vendors and recurring invoices.• Understand the steps and requirements to void checks and invoices.• Use inquiries or print reports to verify data and perform financial analysis for audit trail purposes.• Identify the impact of Payables Management on other areas of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Payables Management and gain foundational knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP application functionality.
Overview and Setup Procedures
- Features and Benefits
- Payables Management Setup
- Payables Setup Options
- Vendor Class Maintenance
- Vendor Class Accounts Setup
- Vendor Maintenance
- Vendor Maintenance Options
- Vendor Address Maintenance
- Vendor Account Maintenance
- Beginning Balances
- Vendor History
- Lab : Payables Management Setup
- Lab : Setting up a New Vendor Class
- Lab : Setting up a New Vendor
- Batch Entry
- Payables Transaction Entry
- Scheduled Payments Entry
- Post Scheduled Payments
- Lab : Enter an Invoice
- Lab : Enter and Pay an Invoice
- Lab : Enter a Credit Memo
- Lab : Payables Scheduled Payments
- Payables Manual Payment Entry
- Computer Checks - Select Checks
- Edit Payables Checks
- Edit Payables Check Batches
- Print and Post Checks
- Apply Payables Documents
- Batch Recovery
- Lab : Manual Payments, Credit Card
- Lab : Manual Payments, Enter a Prepayment
- Lab : Select Checks
- Lab : Edit Payables Checks; Adding a Payment
- Lab : Edit Payables Checks; Removing a Vendor/Voucher
- Lab : Printing and Posting Checks
- Lab : Applying Payables Documents
- Define Intercompany Relationships
- Enter Intercompany Transactions
- Post Intercompany Transactions in General Ledger
- View Intercompany Transactions in Inquiry
- Vendor and Transaction Holds
- Void Open Payables Transactions
- Void Historical Transactions
- Edit Payables Transactions
- Change or Delete Vendor Records
- Remove History
- Use Inquiries
- Report Options and Printing
- Report Groups
- Lab : Transaction Holds
- Lab : Void an Open Transaction
- Lab : Void a Historical Transaction
- Lab : Edit Transaction Information
- Lab : Delete a Vendor
- Lab : Remove History
- Closing a Period
- Close the Calendar Year
- Close the Fiscal Year
- Lab : Close Fiscal Periods
- Lab : Year-End Closing
Virtual 80573 Payables Management in Microsoft Dynamics® GP 2013 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.