This course uses scenarios to instruct Level 2 IBM® Lotus® Notes® and Lotus Domino® Help Desk Support Representatives on how to troubleshoot Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino issues.
After completing this course, students should be able to:•Use Help Desk troubleshooting resources •Manage user workstations•Identify server and database security issues •Manage user database issues •Troubleshoot mail routing and delivery •Troubleshoot Lotus Notes mail issues •Troubleshoot replication
The target audience for this course is the Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes Help Desk Level 2 Support Representative responsible for password security, Notes ID recovery, and troubleshooting minor issues, such as accessing a user's mail file, and managing Lotus Notes databases, replication, and web access.
Introducing IBM Lotus Domino Help Desk troubleshooting
- Gain an understanding of the types of calls you will receive
- Use external resources to find answers
- Perform common Lotus Domino Administrator tasks
Managing the user's workstation
- Work with policies and diagnose solutions for user issues
- Break down the Lotus Notes Client
- Assist users with managing their Lotus Notes IDs and passwords
- Use widgets and Live Text
Managing server and database security issues
- Diagnose server access issues
- Determine a user's effective access to a database
Managing user application issues
- Refresh or replace an application design
- Compact a local application
- Archive application documents
- Diagnose problems with mail archiving policies
Troubleshooting mail routing and delivery
- Describe the components and process of mail routing
- Respond to mail delivery failures
- View pending and dead mail
- Trace the path for a mail message
- Use Lotus Protector against spam
- Work with Lotus Notes on mobile devices
Troubleshooting Lotus Notes mail issues
- Replace the contacts design
- Identify problems with using Directory Catalogs
- Secure Notes mail with digital signing and encryption
- Troubleshoot mail, calendar, and schedule delegation
- Troubleshoot Out of Office issues
- Work with external calendars, contacts, and meeting invitees
- Work with iNotes®
- Create and encrypt an application replica
- Set replication options
- Use managed replicas
- Diagnose application replication issues
- Resolve replication conflicts
Virtual D8L36 IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.X Help Desk Troubleshooting Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.