In this course, students will manage servers and users in an IBM® Lotus® Domino® 8.5 environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: - manage users. - manage groups. - manage both Lotus Notes and non-Lotus Notes clients.- deploy composite applications.- manage servers. - update servers. - configure server monitoring. - monitor server performance.- monitor servers with Lotus Domino Domain Monitoring. - use the certification authority process to migrate certifiers and register users. - resolve server problems.- resolve replication problems.- recover a Domino server.- resolve user problems.
The target audience for this course is system administrators new to Lotus Domino 8.5, with an understanding of Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes foundational concepts and the ability to navigate in Lotus Domino Administrator, who will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining an existing Lotus Domino 8.5 infrastructure, and managing Lotus Notes and non-Lotus Notes users in a Lotus Domino domain.
- Adding Users
- Changing a User Name
- Moving User Mail Files
- Extending an IBM® Lotus Notes® ID Expiration Date
- Using the ID Vault to Secure User IDs
- Deleting Users
- Changing a User Location Within the Organizational Hierarchy
- Creating Groups
- Renaming Groups
- Deleting Groups
- Changing Group Membership
Managing IBM® Lotus Notes® and Non-IBM® Lotus Notes®
- Setting Up Non-IBM® Lotus Notes® Users
- Upgrading IBM® Lotus Notes® Clients
- Managing Roaming Users
Deploying Composite Applications
- Composite Application Deployment Fundamentals
- Accessing Composite Applications on IBM® WebSphere® Portal
- Introduction to Composite Application Provisioning
- Configuring Clients for User-Initiated Updates
- The Server Console Window
- Defining Backup Processes
- Using Transaction Logging
- Managing Disk Space
- Enabling View Logging
- Logging and Analyzing Activity Data
- Automating Server Tasks
- Evaluating Server Settings with Lotus Domino Configuration Tuner
- Finding Instances of a Server Name
- Placing a Server Out of Service
- Updating a Server ID
- Authenticating with Other Organizations
- Providing Internal and External Server Access
Setting Up Server Monitoring
- Examining Server Monitoring Tools
- Creating Event Generators
- Using Event Handlers
- Automating Tasks by Using Agents
Monitoring Server Performance
- Viewing Statistics
- Monitoring Server Statistics and Tasks
- Monitoring the Server with the IBM® Lotus® Domino® Web Administrator
- Monitoring Servers by Using the IBM® Lotus® Domino® Console
Monitoring Servers with IBM® Lotus® Domino® Domain Monitoring
- Configuring IBM® Lotus® Domino® Domain Monitoring
- Controlling Reported Events by Using Event Filters
- Creating Collection Hierarchies
- Taking Corrective Action
Using the Certification Authority Process
- Migrating Existing Certifiers to the CA Process
- Registering Users with the CA Process
Resolving Server Problems
- Troubleshooting with the IBM® Lotus® Domino® Administrator Server Console
- Solving Server Access Problems
- Solving Administration Process Problems
- Solving Server-to-Server Connection Problems
- Solving Agent Manager Problems
- Solving DAOS Problems
Resolving Replication Problems
- Solving Replication Problems
- Resolving Replication Conflicts
- Coordinating the Purge Interval and the Replication Schedule
- Troubleshooting Server Access in the Application Access Control List
Recovering an IBM® Lotus® Domino® Server
- Recovering from a Server Crash
- Enabling Fault Recovery and Automatic Diagnostic Collection
Resolving User Problems
- Resolving Workspace and Application Issues
- Implementing Database Redirection
- Resolving Connection Problems
- Responding to Mail Delivery Problems
Virtual D8L77 Managing IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 Servers and Users Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.