In this course, you will examine best practices for defensively coding JEE web applications, including XML processing and web services. You will repeatedly attack and then defend various assets associated with a fully functional web application. This hands-on approach drives home the mechanics of how to secure JEE web applications in the most practical of terms.
PCI Compliant Developer Training: Version 3.0 of the Payment Card Information Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS) have placed an increased emphasis on information security training and awareness. This class can help meet the annual training requirements for your developers and vendors. This secure coding training addresses common coding vulnerabilities in software development processes. This training is used by one of the principle participants in the PCI DSS. Having passed multiple PCI audits, this course has been shown to meet the PCI requirements. The specification of those training requirements are detailed in 6.5.1 through 6.5.10 on pages 55 through 59 of the PCI DSS Requirements 3.0 document dated November 2013.
This course is Java-specific but it may also be presented using .NET or other programming languages.
- Potential sources for untrusted data
- Consequences for not properly handling untrusted data such as denial of service, cross-site scripting, and injections
- Test web applications with various attack techniques to determine the existence of and effectiveness of layered defenses
- Prevent and defend the many potential vulnerabilities associated with untrusted data
- Vulnerabilities of associated with authentication and authorization
- Detect, attack, and implement defenses for authentication and authorization functionality and services
- Dangers and mechanisms behind Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and Injection attacks
- Detect, attack, and implement defenses against XSS and Injection attacks
- Concepts and terminology behind defensive, secure, coding
- Threat Modeling as a tool in identifying software vulnerabilities based on realistic threats against assets
- Perform both static code reviews and dynamic application testing to uncover vulnerabilities in Java-based web applications
- Design and develop strong, robust authentication and authorization implementations within the context of JEE
- Fundamentals of XML Digital Signature and XML Encryption as well as how they are used within the web services arena
- Detect, attack, and implement defenses for XML-based services and functionality
- Techniques and measures that can used to harden web and application servers as well as other components in your infrastructure
Developers who wish to develop secure applications