Cranes are often an essential part of a job and work site. Because of their ability to move large and heavy loads, understanding how they work as well as what and when to inspect are important to maintaining a safe work environment. In this course, you will learn about the requirements and certifications for operating or rigging a crane, as well as basic properties of the crane's operation, and inspection procedures.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Identify basic OSHA requirements for working with mobile cranes
- Identify the requirements for operator certification and rigger qualification
- Recognize lifting principles associated with crane mobility and safety
- Recognize different types of crane inspections and when they should be used
- Identify areas that are reviewed as part of any inspection