This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
EXCLUSIVE TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE - Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
This course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience for deploying the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and 802.1X secure network access. You will acquire the foundational knowledge and capabilities to implement and managed network access security by utilizing Cisco ISE appliance product solution. You will gain hands-on experience with configuring various advance Cisco security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing devices connecting to the network. At the end of the course, you will be able to reduce the risk to your IT infrastructures and applications using the Cisco ISE appliance feature and provide operational support identity and network access control.
For on-demand learning, you will have access to this course for 12 months from the purchase date.
This course includes 30 Cisco e-lab credits. Your e-Lab credits are good for 90 days after your course ends and can be used for additional practice on the course you just completed or to explore technologies from other courses in the Global Knowledge e-Lab portfolio. Learn more.
This course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
- Cisco ISE architecture and access control capabilities
- 802.1X architecture, implementation, and operation
- Commonly implemented Extensible Authentication Protocols (EAPs)
- Implement public key infrastructure (PKI) with ISE
- Implement internal and external authentication databases
- Implement MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB)
- Implement identity based authorization policies
- Cisco TrustSec features
- Implement web authentication and guest access
- Implement ISE Posture service
- Implement ISE Profiling
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) as it relates to ISE
- Troubleshoot ISE
1. Threat Mitigation through Identity Services
- Identity Services
- 802.1X and EAP
- Configure 802.1X Components
2. ISE Fundamentals
- Describe Cisco ISE Features and configure the fundamentals
- Cisco ISE with PKI
- Cisco ISE Authentication
- Cisco ISE with External Authentication
3. Advance Access Control
- Certificate Based User Authentication
- Cisco TrustSec
4. Web Authentication and Guest Access
- Web Authentication
- Guest Access Services
6. Troubleshooting Network Access Control
Network security engineers