Stay in Compliance With Gross Receipts Tax Regulations
the gross receipts tax is rarely simple with its multiple levels of
taxation. You need to stay abreast of new ways businesses can control
the amount of taxes they pay, while keeping up to date with changing
legislation. This seminar will provide you with an overview of the gross
receipts tax, relevant issues and tax strategies. Register today!
- Avoid penalties for non-compliance by following registration, permit and reporting requirements.
- Minimize tax exposure by staying current with regulatory changes.
- Claim key exemptions: don't miss any important details that can save your clients money.
- Find out if your client is overpaying taxes on interstate transactions, and how to reclaim the money.
- Build your industry-specific knowledge so you can tailor your advice to a diversified client base.
- Help clients reclaim lost profits from excessive taxation with detailed knowledge of the process.
- Let our distinguished faculty be your guide: get answers to your tough questions to expand your knowledge.
- Overview of Gross Receipts Tax
- Tax Disputes
- Gross Receipts Taxation of Manufacturers
- Gross Receipts Taxation of Services: Analysis of Relevant Statutes and Regulations
- Gross Receipts Taxation of Construction Services
- Gross Receipts Selected Health Care Services
- OVERVIEW OF GROSS RECEIPTS TAX
9:00 - 10:00 Written by Rita Nunez Neumann. Presented by Rita Nunez Neumann in Las Cruces and James P. O'Neill in Albuquerque.
- Imposition of Gross Receipts Tax
- Definition of Gross Receipts
- TAX DISPUTES
- 11:15 Written by Suzanne W. Bruckner. Presented by Rita Nunez Neumann
in Las Cruces and Suzanne W. Bruckner in Albuquerque.
- Protesting an Assessment
- Claims for Refund
- GROSS RECEIPTS TAXATION OF MANUFACTURERS
- 12:15 Written by Benjamin C. Roybal. Presented by Rita Nunez Neumann
in Las Cruces and Benjamin C. Roybal in Albuquerque.
- Double Tax Potential; Overview of Statutory Scheme
- Materials Purchases
- Subcontracted (Manufacturing) Services
- Other Services
- Sales of Manufactured Products by Manufacturer
- Sale for Resale
- GROSS RECEIPTS TAXATION OF SERVICES: ANALYSIS OF RELEVANT STATUTES AND REGULATIONS
1:15 - 2:15 Written by Benjamin C. Roybal. Presented by Rita Nunez Neumann in Las Cruces and Benjamin C. Roybal in Albuquerque.
- General Rules for Gross Receipts Taxation of Services
- Services Performed in State
- Services Performed Out of State
- Sales of Service for Resale
- GROSS RECEIPTS TAXATION OF CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
2:15 - 3:15 Written by Bobbi Kay Nelson. Presented by Rita Nunez Neumann in Las Cruces and Bobbi Kay Nelson in Albuquerque.
- Taxation of Construction Services: Prime Contractors
- Taxation of Construction Materials Suppliers
- Taxation of Subcontractors
- Sale of Service for Resale
- Compensating Tax
- GROSS RECEIPTS SELECTED HEALTH CARE SERVICES
3:30 - 4:30 Written by Caroyln A. Wolf. Presented by Rita Nunez Neumann in Las Cruces and Carolyn A. Wolf in Albuquerque.
- Health Care Service Provided to Medicare Beneficiaries
- Sales of Commercial Contract Services and Medicare Part C Services
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for professionals dealing with the gross receipts tax:
- CPAs and Accountants
- Registered Tax Return Preparers
- Accounts Payable Professionals