This course provides an interactive, hands on environment for participants to practice identification of critical quality requirements (Quality Planning), fulfillment of those requirements through well designed processes (Quality Assurance) and statistical awareness of technical specifications of project deliverables (Quality Control).
In today’s environment, quality is the responsibility of everyone. Project success is no longer just the fulfillment of a project on schedule, on budget and within the scope.
Projects aren’t successful unless the customer needs are met at the highest level of quality and at the lowest cost to the organization. Project managers must know customer needs and manage to them throughout the project life cycle in order to gain acceptance.
Focus on Performance
- Capturing the critical-to-quality requirements through the Voice of the Customer
- Planning the processes to deliver requirements at lowest possible cost
- Monitoring and controlling key outputs (Ys) and inputs (Xs)
- Managing project progress and process through data (management by fact)
What You Will Learn
Identify and validate customer needs and prioritize requirements
Document and standardize key project management processes
Collect accurate and useful project data
Improve and error-proof project processes and deliverables
Identify variation and take appropriate steps to reduce the variation causing defects
Set up and monitor control charts on key project measures
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
- Quality defined: financial focus
- Quality management
- Process management
- Cost of quality
- The project manager’s role in planning
- Voice of the Customer
- Data collection: data types
- Measurement of system accuracy: operational definitions
- Process management: flow charts
- Process analysis
- Value-Added Analysis
- Error-proofing (Poka-Yoke)
- Failure mode and effect analysis
- The concept of variation: common and special causes
- Tracking key measurements: control charts
- Root cause analysis
- Descriptive statistics
If your role is to gain customer acceptance at project completion, this course is an absolute must. It will help you identify, plan, monitor and control high-quality outcomes and the processes that support project management initiatives.
Project and program managers, managers of project managers and executives who must ensure that all customer needs are met at the lowest possible cost will find this course to be exactly what they need.