Learn the secrets to being seen as a polished, influential professional who garners respect and builds positive relationships with ease.
People judge you by how you communicate.
Learn the secrets to coming across as positive, credible, friendly,
and professional … and watch your results soar!
It’s a fact: The ability to communicate effectively can make or break your career.
Don’t believe it? Consider this staggering statistic from a survey of U.S.
businesses: ”Inability to communicate“ and ”poor communication skills“ were
listed as the top reasons for employees not succeeding on the job.
That probably comes as no surprise to you, because as a professional today
you’ve seen time and again how people who have first-rate communication
skills go farther faster in their organizations than those who don’t. But contrary
to popular belief, the ability to communicate with finesse and diplomacy isn’t a
gift that some are born with and the rest of us lack. It’s a skill that can be
learned and mastered, just like any other skill.
This training offers the easiest, most effective way to build essential communication skills
In today’s highly competitive business environment, effective, diplomatic
communication is a skill that must be mastered if you intend to get ahead and
How to Communicate With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy is a powerful
workshop that combines all facets of on-the-job interpersonal communication — from speaking to writing to listening to presenting — and shows you step-by-step
how to master them.
This intensive day of communication training boils down tons of
information into ”the most important of the most important“ so you learn the
powerful techniques, tools, and strategies that will make the most significant
impact on your effectiveness.
For example, you’ll learn …
- Expert techniques for exerting influence on the actions and attitudes of
- How-to’s for communicating diplomatically in a variety of tough
- Strategies for opening the lines of communication to end energy-draining
feuding and infighting in your department
- Presentation skills that will make you a standout in meetings
- How to make sure your e-mails and reports get better results
Stop learning the hard way through trial and error!
The truth is that most of us haven’t had the opportunity to learn the
essential communication skills taught in this comprehensive workshop.
Instead, we stumble along doing the best we can and sooner or later, we
open mouth, insert foot!
You’ve been there, right? Whether you spoke too soon and said
something you didn’t mean to, communicated bad news in a way that
caused morale to plummet, or found yourself blindsided by a question in
a meeting, you’ve undoubtedly been in situations where you said the
wrong thing and regretted it later.
We all have. And it’s only because you didn’t have the communication
skills you needed to handle the situation more diplomatically. As a result,
your work relationships may have suffered in the past, coworkers may
have formed grudges against you, and your projects missed deadlines
because your people couldn’t get along.
Become a highly respected, highly influential, highly successful communicator!
Attend this intensive communication workshop and you can say
good-bye to misunderstandings and miscommunication once and for all!
Imagine how great it will feel — and how your career will benefit — when
you suddenly have the ability to get your point across powerfully but
diplomatically, when you’re understood every time you speak, when
you’re respected by colleagues for your communication savvy.
Whether you’re a manager, supervisor, sales rep, attorney, technician, or
HR professional, the degree of career success you enjoy is virtually
dictated by your skills in communicating with others on the job. How to
Communicate With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy is guaranteed
to help you communicate more powerfully, more diplomatically, and more
effectively with every encounter.
I. Communicating With Diplomacy and Finesse
- Why today’s changing workplace demands tact and
diplomacy in the communication of all professionals
- How strong interpersonal skills will magnify your
personal power dramatically
- Words and phrases that will get you in trouble every time — and better options to replace them
- Where communication typically breaks down between
- Explore your personal pattern of communication
behavior; in what situations are you likely to feel
powerful, overpowering, powerless?
- Damage control strategies for getting your foot out of
your mouth when you’ve made a statement you regret
II. Creating the Image of a Professional,
- Take advantage of your personal strengths and
- How to ensure that your communication style is serving
your professional image
- Avoid speaking habits that automatically brand you as a
- Tips for controlling your body language and gestures to
communicate the message you want
- How to appear poised and confident even when you’re
- The secret for making a dynamic impression in those
crucial first few seconds
III. Listening Skills That Can Double Your
- Listening: the most powerful — and underused — communication tool
- When silence is power: how to use it to gain
information from others
- Reflective listening/responding — how to harness the 4
key skills of master listeners
- What to do when the person you’re listening to just
can’t seem to get to the point
IV. Communicating With Tact in Difficult Situations — and
With Difficult People
- What to say when: scripts to get you through a variety
of tough situations, including delivering bad news
- How to deal verbally with backstabbing, ridicule, and
the aggressive tactics of others
- What to do when you’re challenged or put down in front
- Tips for quickly defusing explosive or tense situations
V. How to Build Rapport, Strengthen Work Relationships,
and Achieve Respect
- Smart ways to build strong and supportive alliances
with other departments
- Develop critical rapport builders that help you connect
with others immediately
- Make sure you get credit for your contributions — 6
ways to toot your own horn without bragging
- Recognize and tap into the informal channels of
- The power of gossip and why you should never ignore it
or pass it on
VI. Presentation Skills That Enhance Your Credibility
- The first step: determining what you want to
accomplish with your presentation
- How to channel your nervous jitters into energy you
can use in your delivery
- Strategies for establishing your credibility quickly
- How to capture your audience’s attention immediately
- 4 ways to make a dynamic impression at meetings
VII. SPECIAL SECTION: Exuding Professionalism in Your
Writing — Even E-mails!
- Why a casual tone is key to today’s business
communication — and tips for achieving it
- Avoid the most common mistakes made in writing
e-mails and memos
- Editing musts for concise, error-free writing
- E-mails: the importance of accuracy and professional
tone even in informal correspondence and messages
- How e-mails and texting have complicated
communication in the workplace
VIII. Communicating to Persuade and Influence
- How to clear your path of the most common obstacles to
getting your point across
- Tips for presenting your point of view in a way that will
- Negotiation strategies the pros rely on for success
- Don’t cave in! How to identify what you want and get it
while keeping working relationships strong
- When they just won’t see it your way: understanding
Cancelation Policy: If you cannot attend an event, you may send someone else in your place. If that isn’t an option for you, cancellations received up to five working days before the event are refundable, minus a registration service charge ($10 for one-day events; $25 for multiple-day events). After that, cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee, which you may apply toward a future seminar. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment.