The Keys to Working Smarter Together … with Less Stress, Fewer Headaches More Success Than Ever Before!
It’s a simple fact that in today’s world, you’ll go farther — faster — if you have outstanding collaborative skills.
No matter what your job is, you need the ability to work effectively with others. And, if you are also able to bring out the best in everyone you work with, the sky’s the limit for your success.
Top executives repeatedly tell us that the employees who stand out are the ones with great communication and collaboration skills. In fact, most of them rank that capability higher than technical know-how.
So where can you go to find these skills in a fast-paced and fun learning environment?
An Unusual Training Event That Offers an Extraordinary Opportunity to Increase Your Success
Join us for The Essentials of Effective Communication & Collaboration, a powerful, cutting-edge training event that will teach you the essential communication techniques that facilitate cooperation and collaboration at work.
In just one day with us, you’ll learn how strengthening your collaboration skills will increase your personal productivity a hundred times over. And, in turn, you’ll help all of the people you work with achieve more too — which will make you even more popular around the office!
Discover How to Break Down Barriers and Work Through Differences
Learn how to work with people more effectively in all kinds of business circumstances: one-on-one situations … temporary work groups … or even long-term project teams.
You’ll discover how to identify diverse and difficult behaviors in both yourself and others — and use that information to get your work done more efficiently! You’ll eliminate all your unnecessary stress and frustration and achieve more success than you ever thought possible.
Master Tools for Fostering a Collaborative Environment
- Keys to effective collaboration: Understanding the ground rules
- What you can do now to facilitate the right climate for more effective collaboration from now on
- When you’re not the boss: Secrets to succeeding when you have all the responsibility – but none of the authority to get things done
- Keys to establishing effective collaboration when working with others who don’t want to collaborate
Communication Essentials for Effective Collaboration
- Foolproof methods for persuading and influencing others to your way of thinking
- Developing the kind of listening skills that make collaboration possible
- How to hold your tongue, bite your lip, and communicate with tact and finesse
- Killer mistakes that “shut down” effective communication every time
- Hit “Send” at your own risk! How a simple e-mail can unintentionally destroy any chance of collaboration with others
Building Work Relationships That Kick-Start the Collaborative Process
- Positive behaviors you can use to immediately gain the respect and trust of others
- The secrets to making everyone on the team feel involved and valued in the collaboration process
- “Bridge-building” techniques for working with people you’ve had trouble working with in the past
- The classic types of difficult personalities and how to deal with each one
One-on-One vs. Group Collaborations: Tactics and Techniques for Success
- How to create buy-in for your goals and objectives in a one-on-one setting and in a team environment
- How small-group collaborations differ from large-group collaborations
- Creating a sense of “all for one and one for all”
- Setting benchmarks and timelines for keeping every collaborative project on track
Working Through Disagreements and Conflicts
- Understanding how your actions and behaviors may be affecting the actions and behaviors of others
- What to do when your priorities clash with your responsibilities
- How to overcome negativity and the “that won’t work” mentality
- Knowing when it’s time to ask a higher-up to step in and break an impasse – and a couple of tips on how to do it so you get the result you want!
Cancelation Policy: If you cannot attend an event, you may send someone else in your place. If that isn’t an option for you, cancellations received up to five working days before the event are refundable, minus a registration service charge ($10 for one-day events; $25 for multiple-day events). After that, cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee, which you may apply toward a future seminar. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment.