All HOTT courses are available face-to-face, remote-live, on-demand or on site at your facility. This hands-on course conveys the fundamental skills necessary to design and build responsive web sites for mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Attendees will use responsive web design (RWD) techniques such as CSS3 media queries and flexible layouts to build mobile-compatible web sites. Students will learn how to test mobile websites using emulators and simulators.
The course also provides an extensive introduction into using the jQuery Mobile Framework for building mobile-specific web sites. Students will learn how to use jQuery Mobile widgets to create forms, lists, toolbars and collapsible blocks. Students will also learn how to integrate SOA with a mobile web site including working with RSS feeds, Google Maps integration and implementing server-side data access.
Attendees will use ThemeRoller for jQuery Mobile to download existing or custom theme swatches to format the appearance of a web site. Additional topics include responding to user events, configuring jQuery Mobile defaults and using page transitions. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Students Will Learn:
- Designing and building a responsive Website
- Setting the viewport of a Website
- Writing CSS3 media queries
- Scaling images and media
- Creating responsive navigation and layouts
- Using both CSS and jQuery to create tables that are responsive
- Creating a jQuery Mobile page using the single page and multi page templates
- Configuring fixed and full-screen toolbars
- Configuring a custom theme using Themeroller for jQuery Mobile
- Configuring jQuery Mobile using the mobileinit event and the $.mobile object
- Using layout grids to format page content
- Using the Panel widget to display a panel on a page
- Creating collapsible content blocks using the Collapsible and Collapsibleset widgets
- Building reflow and column-toggle tables using the Table widget
- Building a responsive form using jQuery Mobile widgets
- Providing filter capability to a page using the Filterable widget
- Integrating jQuery Mobile with Web Services
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- After completion of a course, students can retake any portion of that class within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
and jQuery Programming
50% of the class is focused on hands-on lab exercises.
Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work.
Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class.
Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost.