The skills demonstrated in making business introductions can affect how you are perceived and dealt with in future encounters. This Business Impact focuses on the social etiquette of introductions when dealing with customers, superiors, and subordinates.
Your reputation often precedes you in any work environment. It can define your creditability, impact your career opportunities, and shape your relationships with your colleagues. Because your reputation is so important, you must proactively build a positive one if you want to succeed in your career. Developing a professional reputation takes more than simply having the right skills and talents for the job. It's about being self-aware, polite, and essentially treating those you interact with in a respectful way.
This course introduces you to the basics of how to act professionally and practice proper business etiquette. It also explains how to present yourself in the work environment, including looking the part of a professional and ensuring your workspace reflects positively on you. And it looks at how to ensure your personal activities don't impact your work reputation, which is especially important in the time of far-reaching social media.
- identify the key characteristics of business etiquette
- determine whether an individual is dressed professionally in a given scenario
- recognize examples of appropriate workspace presentation
- recognize how to conduct yourself professionally beyond the office
Taking responsibility for meeting your objectives, including deadlines and work targets, is an important component of good business etiquette and demonstrates your attitude of professionalism. While it can be difficult at times, being accountable for delivering on your objectives shows you are reliable, organized, and dedicated to your work.
This course introduces the importance of personal accountability and outlines strategies for developing a personal accountability framework. This helps empower you to be your own boss, set your own standards, and carry yourself with professionalism and confidence. It provides you with techniques to set appropriate goals based on your abilities and available resources. And it shows you how to develop an action plan to achieve your goals and use techniques to better manage your energy levels.
- recognize an appropriate accountability goal for a given set of priorities, objectives, and passions
- recognize examples of SMART goals
- identify steps to take to develop an action plan
- organize activities and tasks in a given scenario
- identify methods to stay focused
- match each example to the type of energy it will help recharge
Organizations rely on proper communications to build strong relationships among employees and develop their customer base. Those who excel in professional environments understand the difference proper communication etiquette makes in demonstrating professionalism and competence. Following the accepted norms and behaviors of communicating in the workplace can help you to ensure that your messages are conveyed as you intended. Observing norms enables you to build and nurture your relationships with colleagues, subordinates, and superiors. This course strengthens your ability to communicate in a professional manner. It walks you through the etiquette of speaking to others in person, as well as on the phone. It then explores the often neglected common rules of written communication, particularly with regard to e-mail. And it considers appropriate ways of communicating using online chat, the best way to conduct yourself during conference calls, and how to set up and use voicemail effectively.
- identify how to communicate professionally in person
- determine whether communication etiquette for e-mail has been observed in a business setting
- identify general tips for writing with professionalism and etiquette
- determine if etiquette has been observed during a professional telephone call
- identify etiquette for communicating using online chat, voicemail, and conference calls
Business etiquette is a fundamental element for building positive professional relationships. Whether it's interacting with colleagues, connecting with clients, or speaking to superiors, understanding the unspoken rules of business etiquette will help establish rapport and build trust. When you show that you recognize the nuances of business etiquette, you demonstrate competence and establish creditability, both of which are essential for your reputation. This course demonstrates how to put business etiquette to work for you. You'll learn how to make a positive first impression by practicing the appropriate code of behavior. The course also explores how to develop professional relationships by leveraging etiquette rules. Finally, it considers how to diffuse conflict when it occurs so you can maintain a positive relationship with others.
- recognize how to make a good first impression
- recognize the workplace etiquette that supports relationships
- recognize the guidelines for defusing conflicts professionally
- build office relationships using etiquette