The Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance supports remote access IP Security (IPsec) VPNs that you can manage using the Cisco Easy VPN solution. Remote access IPsec VPNs protect traffic between mobile workers and a central site. This course describes how to deploy remote access IPsec VPNs, including preshared authentication, certificate-based authentication, and advanced public key infrastructure (PKI) integration. Remote access deployments that use the Cisco VPN Client and the Cisco AnyConnect 3.0 Client for IPsec connections are also described.
Cisco VPN Client is software that runs on an endpoint, with support for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. When you install Cisco VPN Client on a remote PC and it communicates with a Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance, it creates a secure connection over the Internet. Through this connection, you can access a private network as if you were an on-site user. This course describes the features that Cisco VPN Client and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.0 (Cisco AnyConnect 3.0) support, and shows you how to install the client software and configure a profile. This course also covers how to configure advanced Cisco VPN Client profile settings for the Cisco IPsec VPN Client.
A basic Cisco remote access IP Security (IPsec) VPN solution provides client-based access to sensitive resources over a remote access IPsec VPN gateway that is implemented on the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance. A basic Cisco remote access IPsec VPN solution uses basic user authentication using usernames and passwords, client configuration and IP address assignment services, and a single access control policy. This course demonstrates how to configure, verify, and troubleshoot a basic Remote Access IPsec VPN solution.Learning Objectives
- Describe the features of IPsec VPN technology
- Determine which Cisco VPN Client product should be used for a given scenario
- Identify the tasks to implement the Legacy Cisco IPsec VPN Client
- Identify the steps to configure basic Cisco ASA security appliance gateway features and gateway authentication for remote access IPsec VPNs
- Identify the steps to configure group authentication in the basic Cisco remote access IPsec VPN solution
- Deploy basic Cisco Easy VPN
- Set up the Cisco ASA 5520 as an Easy VPN server
- Identify the steps to configure Cisco remote access IPsec VPN extended authentication
- Identify the steps to configure Cisco remote access IPsec VPN hybrid authentication
- Identify the steps to configure Cisco remote access VPN local IP address management
- Identify the steps to configure Cisco remote access VPN basic access control
- Identify the steps to configure IKEv2 support for remote access IPsec VPN solutions
- Troubleshoot basic Cisco remote access IPsec VPN operation