Do you wish you could apply creative thinking at work to try new things? Do you doubt your own capacity for creativity and innovation? Do you have trouble getting creative thinking and solutions from your team? Relying on outdated ideas, products, and assumptions can spell failure and be a detriment. Now you can learn proven creative thinking techniques to generate new ideas and get a blueprint for establishing a climate of innovation in this lively, interactive, and hands-on seminar. You will discover new ways to break through mental barriers, ho-hum thinking, and roadblocks in order to improve performance, stimulate creative thinking, and unleash the creative potential in yourself and your team.
1. The Messy Nature of Innovation
- Identify practices that help promote creativity and innovation
- Describe the trade-offs between focusing on results vs. focusing on good
- Explain the connection between courage, confidence, and creativity
2. Nurturing New Ideas and Solutions
- Use various brainstorming tools for generating ideas
- Describe the conditions that make for effective brainstorming
- Identify which idea generation tool works best for different situations
3. Recommended Practices Review
- Identify the practices and guidelines that create an innovative work environment
- Give the creative process the patience necessary to get to bold ideas
- Identify the moment when to move the process from diverging to converging
4. Real-World Practice
- Manage a problem-solving process from beginning to end
- Recognize the iterative nature of the design process
- Implement problem-solving/idea-generation meetings
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions.
- Managers, team leaders, directors, project managers, supervisors and staff
in all industries
- Anyone who has influence over the creation, adoption, and implementation
of new products, services, and processes