Confidently Protect Your LLC Clients
Are you prepared to handle the fundamental liability issues your LLC clients may face? This information-packed program will walk you through everything from maximizing limitations of personal liability to minimizing LLC disadvantages and piercing the corporate veil. Don't wait to get up to speed - register today!
- Compare and contract LLCs and other forms of business entities so you can select the best option for your client.
- Recognize how pick-your-partner provisions protect membership rights from interested third-parties.
- Identify strategies that effectively pierce the corporate veil in order to collect debt.
- Deal with tough tax issues like self-employment tax planning and member retirement issues.
- Minimize LLC disadvantages, such as single-member companies and regime uncertainty.
- Discover exceptions to limited liability, including LLC statutory exceptions and non-LLC statutory exceptions.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Why Limited Liability Companies?
11:00 - 11:45, Jessica Manivasager
- History and Types of LLCs
- Comparison to Other Entities
- Sole Proprietorships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Who Should Use LLCs?
- Limitation of Personal Liability
11:45 - 12:30, Douglas R. Griess
- Charging Order Protections
- Pick-Your-Partner Provisions
- As Against Third Parties
- As Against the Company and its Members
- Exceptions to Limited Liability
12:45 - 1:30, Douglas R. Griess
- LLC Statutory Exceptions
- Non-LLC Statutory Exceptions
- Piercing the Veil
1:30 - 2:30, Jessica Manivasager
- Forward Piercing
- "Reverse" Piercing
- Utilizing LLC-Specific Advantages
3:00 - 4:00, Michael D. Weis
- Flexibility of Management Structure
- Flexibility of Economic Arrangements
- Series Companies
- Minimizing LLC Disadvantages
4:00 - 4:45, Michael D. Weis
- Single-Member Companies
- Regime Uncertainty
- Taxation as Corporation vs. Partnership
5:00 - 6:00, Douglas R. Griess
- Self-Employment Tax Liability
- State Taxation of Distributions
- State Taxation of Undistributed Earnings
- LLC Advantages in Specific Tax Contexts
- Tax Pass-Through Implications
This program is created for attorneys looking to increase their knowledge of LLC liabilities. It may also benefit accountants and business owners.