Understand the Nuances of Indemnification Provisions in Construction Contracts
What are the various indemnity provisions? What are their real-world applications? In this focused legal course, seasoned faculty will share hard-won insights and equip you with the essential knowhow you need to protect clients from unwanted risk and prevent enforceability issues or contract disputes. Dig into the fundamentals of indemnification provisions in construction contracts - order now!
- Examine the various types of indemnity provisions in contracts.
- Understand statutes which can hinder the applicability of indemnity provisions.
- Gain essential negotiation tips that will help you protect clients.
- Review sample indemnities and interpretations of clause language.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Jeffrey A. Kennard
- Different Construction Contracts, Different Indemnification Provisions
- Key Contract and Subcontract Provisions, Including AIA and Consensus DOCS
- Applicable Laws
- Drafting of Indemnification Provisions to Prevent Disputes
- Subcontractor, Contractor and Owner Perspectives
- Review of Sample Indemnification Provisions in Construction Contracts
- Negotiation of Indemnification Provisions in Construction Contracts
- Who's Responsible: Architect? Engineer? Designer?
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals and insurance professionals may also benefit.