Understand the Landscape and Avoid the Landmines of Military Pension Division
This focused legal briefing offers an insightful analysis and practical guide to equitable division of military retirement benefits in divorce. Review relevant rules and regulations, documents, and strategies crucial in proper valuation and division of military pension - register today!
- Explore the available military retirement benefits for active duty service members and reserve/guard members to ensure all current and future assets are on the negotiating table.
- Examine the "points" method and the "time" method for dividing military retired pay.
- Find out how survivor benefit plan fits into the picture.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Terrence J. Benshoof
- Statutes and Regulations
- Service Members Civil Relief Act (SMCRA)
- "Must Have" Documents
- Active Duty vs. Reserve/Guard Retirement - "Points" vs. "Time"
- VA Disability Compensation
- Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP)
- Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Uniformed Services Former Spousal Protection Act (USFSPA) Division
- Child Support Calculations
- Benefit Plan (SBP) and the Dangers of Flying Blind
- Dividing the Accrued Leave
This legal course offers attorneys strategies for dividing military pay and retirement benefits in divorce. Divorce financial planners/analysts, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.