Adobe Lightroom 5 softwares help you bring out the best in your photographs, whether you're perfecting one image, searching for ten, processing hundreds, or organizing thousands. This course is designed for novice photo editors to learn the basics of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.
Who Should Attend?
Photographers, designers or anyone else that wants a non-destructrive workflow to organizing and editing their photos.
Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Importing and Managing Photos in Lightroom
- Storing your photographs
- Importing photos into a Lightroom catalog
- Organizing your photos
- Finding photos
Lesson 2: Develop Module and Global Adjustments
- Using the Develop module
- Mastering the adjustment workflow: The big picture
- Syncing changes to multiple photos
Lesson 3: Develop Module and Creative Adjustments
- Using the Graduated Filter tool
- Using the Radial Filter tool
- Using the Adjustment Brush tool
- Removing distractions with the Spot Removal tool
- Adding creative color effects
- Saving metadata to files
Lesson 4: Roundtrip Workflow
- Setting up Lightroom and Photoshop for smooth integration
- Sending a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Sending a JPEG or TIFF from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Sending a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop as a Smart Object
Lesson 5: Lightroom to Photoshop for Combining Photos
- Combining photos for texture and collage effects
- Combining photos into the perfect group shot
- Making HDR images
- Making panoramas
Lesson 6: Photoshop for Selecting and Masking
- Selection basics
- Selecting by shape
- Selecting by color
- Using the Focus Area command
- Selecting hair using the Select and Mask workspace
- Selecting using channels
Lesson 7: Photoshop for Retouching
- Removing unwanted content in Photoshop
- Moving content in Photoshop
- Smoothing skin realistically in Photoshop
- Sculpting a portrait using Photoshop’s Liquify filter
Lesson 8: Photoshop for Special Effects
- Artistic portrait treatments
- Adding creative blur effects
- Creating a social media cover photo
Lesson 9: Exporting
- Setting up an identity plate
- Creating a watermark
- Emailing photos
- Exporting photos
- Exporting and sharing using publish services
- Creating prints
- Books, slideshows, and web galleries
- Next steps
Cancelling an Open Enrollment Registration
If notice is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of a class, the student may receive a full refund less a $100 administrative fee. If notice is given less than 15 calendar days no rescheduling or efunds are permitted.
If notice Is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class a student may reschedule . A student can reschedule a class up to two (2) times. Additional reschedules will not be allowed.
No Shows if a student does not attend a scheduled session, there will be no refund or rescheduling permitted. Payment is forfeited. FMC reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment or in other circumstances. FMC will endeavor to give as much advance notice as possible of any change to the schedule. FMC shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever.