Know the Latest Rules, Regs, Pitfalls and Best Practices
The CFPB and other agencies are aggressively ramping up regulatory scrutiny and enforcement of fair lending laws and practices. Are you aware of the latest pitfalls and risk mitigation strategies? Are you prepared for what's just on the horizon? Our faculty will boil down the key changes and help you confidently navigate the wave of new regulations and other legal challenges. Register today!
- Catch up with current enforcement priorities, violations, trends and developments.
- Help clients detangle the new fair lending rules, regulations and requirements.
- Spot red flags and review the latest, most effective risk mitigation strategies.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Tyree P. Jones Jr. and Nicholas F.B. Smyth
- Fair Lending Fundamentals - A Brief Breakdown
- Top Fair Lending Violations, the Current Lending Environment, Trends and Developments
- Claims/Enforcement Actions Currently Being Brought - What's to Come
- The New Fair Lending Rules, Regulations and Requirements - Boiling Down Key Elements
- New Rules and Risks you Need to Know
- Latest Fair Lending Developments at the CFPB
- Key Provisions of Regulations B and C and Judicial Interpretation of ECOA
- Interpretation and Implementation of the Inclusive Communities Supreme Court Decision; “Disparate Impact” Theory
- Proving Disparate Impact: Causality Requirements, Statistical Evidence, Government/Private Policies
- Defenses Against Disparate-Impact Liability (Business-Necessity, HUD Regulations, etc.)
- Implementing New Fair Lending Requirements/Mitigating Risk
This program is designed for attorneys. Lenders, accountants, enrolled agents and paralegals may also benefit.