Get Answers to the Toughest Questions of Medicaid Planning Practice
In this engaging legal course, experienced Medicaid attorneys will discuss the more complex issues of Medicaid planning, application procedures, appeals and recovery. Go beyond the basics with this practical guide - register today!
- Explore complex eligibility planning pitfalls, with a special focus on penalty periods.
- Find the most effective ways of using trusts to plan for Medicaid.
- Walk through Medicaid fair hearing procedures and get specific pointers from seasoned practitioners.
- Get SNT drafting tips and samples used in connection with Medicaid.
- Fulfill your legal ethics credit requirements and get answers to everyday practical ethics dilemmas.
All times shown in Eastern.
- DRA and OBRA: Advance Medicaid Planning
10:00 - 11:00, Wallace R. Nichols
- The DRA Lookback Requirement and Complex Penalty Period Issues
- Effective Asset Planning Techniques
- Useful Spouse Allowances and Waivers
- Using Trusts to Plan for Medicaid
- Crisis Planning Options
- Medicaid Application, Briefs and Appeals - Tactics and Traps
11:15 - 12:15, Linda M. Strohschein
- Medicaid Fair Hearing Procedures - Winning at Preparation and Presentation
12:45 - 1:45, Linda M. Strohschein
- Complex Post-Eligibility and Estate Recovery Issues
1:45 - 2:45, Diane Weinberg
- Intent to Return Home
- Estate Recovery Defenses
- Medicaid Liens in Personal Injury Settlements
- Special Needs Trusts
3:00 - 4:00, Diane Weinberg
- When and How SNTs are Used in Connection with Medicaid Planning
- Drafting Tips (w/Sample Language)
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, Wallace R. Nichols
- Protecting Confidentiality
- Conflicts of Interest and Multiple Representation
- Issues of Diminished Capacity
- Attorney Fees and Engagement Agreements
- Top Risk Areas of Client Complaints
This legal guide to Medicaid planning is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit financial planners, geriatric care managers, life care planners, accountants and paralegals.