Enhance Your LLC Knowledge to Protect Your Client's Interests
Do you have a firm grasp of when an LLC should be used and how it is structured? This insightful course will discuss how this important tool is used in estate planning to protect your client's assets. Gain the knowledge you need to confidently handle formation and operating issues in LLCs - register today!
- Discuss the fundamental requirements to form an LLC.
- Analyze sample LLC operating agreement provisions to strengthen estate planning.
- Learn how to avoid LLC mistakes that can expose assets to creditors.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Presenter: Jeffrey R. Matsen
- When and Why Use the LLC with Estate Planning Clients
- Formation Issues
- Articles of Organization
- Operating Agreement
- Manager Managed vs. Member Managed
- LLC as S Corp
- Multiple Entities to Limit Liabilities
- Single Member LLC
- Operating Issues
- Funding the LLC
- Voting Rights
- Transfer Restrictions
- Preventing Heir Conflicts
- Sample Operating Agreement Provisions
- Using LLCs and Trusts Together
- The IDGT and the LLC
- The Asset Protection Trust and the LLC
- Other Trusts
- Case Examples
- Principal Changes
- Review Operating Agreement
This program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit estate and financial planners, trust officers, accountants and CPAs, paralegals, and tax preparers.