Happy New (Payroll) Year! Just days into 2016 and you're already facing pressures bearing down on your payroll operations. Are you ready to meet them? For example:
- You're not done with tax year 2015 … yet. There are FUTA credit reductions to determine and budget for, the impact of tax extenders legislation to consider (including retroactive reinstatement of parity between mass transit benefits and parking benefits), and more.
- A new Congress means potent new challenges for Payroll. Major tax reform legislation is a priority for the incoming Congress. The last time the tax code was put up on the rack and overhauled—in 1986—Payroll bore the brunt.
- Immigration reform, new tax regulations, proposed paycard regulations and new labor regulations on FMLA leave and minimum wages for government contractors all affect your payroll operations.
Find out what you must do (and NOT do) this year to stay in compliance with federal and state payroll laws. Join payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., editor of Payroll Legal Alert
and Payroll Compliance Handbook
, for a brand-new webinar, Payroll Update 2016: New Paperwork, New Laws and Required Changes
This timely new webinar will teach you:
- Important lessons from recent court decisions on payroll issues. (The IRS almost never loses a case!) Learn the 8 simple ways you can stay out of legal payroll trouble.
- How to cope with the IRS's Payroll National Research Project—those intensive line-by-line payroll audits that have already hit 6,000 employers. Learn what the IRS is looking for and the 7 stress-reducing do's and don'ts to survive any audit.
- What payroll must do in the next few months to comply with the health care reform mandates for information reporting, which will hit almost all employers next January.
- The 6 essential steps to stay out of hot water if you're thinking about paying employees using paycards.
- Important compliance tips for 2016 on emerging payroll issues.
- And much, much more…
This 75-minute training session gives you practical, easy-to-understand solutions to the complex payroll issues you'll face throughout the year. Plus, you'll get answers to your specific questions during our interactive Q&A session with Alice.
Payroll mistakes can be costly… in terms of dollars and upper management's belief in the payroll department. Never again wonder "Am I doing it right?" Learn how to comply with confidence and avoid the IRS's heat.