The Alternative Minimum Tax is another way taxpayers are forced to calculate their taxes. The Alternative Minimum Tax increases your tax bill by reducing many of the exemptions, deductions and credits you may have taken when figuring your regular taxes.
Originally designed as a way for the rich to be forced to pay taxes, the Alternative Minimum Tax now has a very real impact on individuals with even a modest income.
The Alternative Minimum Tax course is designed to give a better understanding of the AMT, help reduce or eliminate its impact and to plan transactions for the lowest AMT result.
It instructs the consumer on how to compute it and to identify and claim adjustments, preferences, and exemptions. It also discusses the importance of the AMT credit.
Upon ordering, you will receive the text material via USPS Priority Mail, generally within 3-4 days; overnight delivery is available for an additional charge. This complete CPE course includes:
- Textbook - written by experts in their field and will make a great addition to your personal reference library!
- Interactive Study Guide
- Test Booklet and Answer Sheet
- Log-on instructions for the taking the Certification Exam online.
The test includes 5 True/False or multiple choice questions for each CPE credit offered (for example, a CPE test worth 20 credits would include 100 questions). A score of 70% or better is required to pass this course; there is no limit to the number of times you may take the exam in order to pass.
After you have completed reviewing the text material, you may take your exam in one of two convenient formats:
- Test Booklet/Answer Sheet - read the textbook, record the answers to the test questions on the answer sheet and then return the answer sheet to us. You may either fax it or simply mail it in.
- Online Testing – log in and take your exam in an untimed, online format (the online questions are the same as those in your testing booklet) - your exam will be graded instantly! Most students fill out the answer sheet as they read through the book, and then transfer their answer sheet online.
When you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course title and how many credit hours you earned.
- Students who take the examination online can print out the Certificate instantly.
- Students who mail/fax in their answer sheet will have their Certificate returned to them (if successful on the exam) by mail, fax or email. Certificates are usually sent within 24 hours from the time we receive your test.
Program Type: This is an interactive, self-study CPE course.
Program level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None required
Minimum final examination passing grade: 70%
Maximum time allowed to complete the program: One year from date of purchase