Through the adoption of CFPB amendments to key federal laws regulating the mortgage industry, it is vital for mortgage professionals to be familiar with and understand how to apply these changes in their daily business. Fair lending is one of these key federal laws. Every MLO, compliance officer, processor and management should be familiar with fair lending.
This online course will provide you an in-depth look at fair lending and current trends toward anti-discrimination efforts in mortgage lending. Regulators will be looking at the fair lending policies for mortgage companies of all sizes, and what each company is doing to ensure discrimination is not being exercised blatantly or subtlety.
Topics covered within this course will include:
- Federal regulations dealing with fair lending
- The seriousness of disparate impact claims against mortgage lenders
- Common mistakes lenders make that might result in disparate impact
- Discrimination testing procedures
- Recent litigation and efforts of the Department of Justice against lender discrimination, along with recent settlements
- Actions lenders and mortgage loan originators can take today to reduce possible discrimination claims
- Compatible with ALL web browsers and devices
- Complete the course from anywhere with an Internet connection
- Up to 90 days access to the course
- Reference material and class text provided via eBook
- Industry recognized Certificate of Completion
- Industry leading course content and cutting-edge educational technologies