FDCPA and CFPB Landmines in Collection Efforts on Time-Barred Debt
With the rapidly changing CFPB and FDCPA rules, collecting time-barred debt is more dangerous than ever. Are you aware of the latest landmines and legal missteps? Our seasoned faculty will bring you up to date with recent litigation trends, CFPB and FTC activity, best practices and pitfalls so you can confidently walk the line - or protect clients against illegal collection practices. Order today!
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in FDCPA time-barred debt litigation.
- Pinpoint collection do's and don'ts concerning time-barred debt.
- Navigate legal guidelines for collecting time-barred debts in bankruptcy.
- Prepare for the future of time-barred debt collection.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Franklin S. Yudkin
- Prohibitions on Time-Barred Debt Litigation: New CFPB Rules
- Collecting Time-Barred Debt: Non-Litigation Alternatives
- Complying With the "Know or Should Have Known" Standard
- Communicating With Consumer Reporting Agencies: New Requirements
- Disclosures Debtors Must Receive: What the CFPB Says
- State Law and Time-Barred Debt
- Bankruptcy and Time-Barred Debt
- Calculating the Statute of Limitations
- Defenses to FDCPA Claims Arising From Collection Efforts on Time-Barred Debt
- Latest Trends in FDCPA Time-Barred Debt Litigation
This program is designed for attorneys. Collection officers/managers, accountants, bankers/loan officers, and paralegals will also benefit.