Hear From Expert Boundary Attorney Faculty
Disagreements can arise over boundaries at any time. There are many situations that may lead to a boundary concern including inaccurate property descriptions, encroachment problems and easement concerns. Our esteemed faculty will walk you through strategies and techniques to handle the most common problems in property line disputes. Be prepared to tackle boundary cases - register today!
- Explore methods to clarify undefined and unmarked boundary lines.
- Discover tips to investigate the plaintiff's claims.
- Analyze whether a claim qualifies for adverse possession or is a "neighborly accommodation."
- Learn how to uncover conflicting easement descriptions in surveys and title reports.
- Boundary Law Essentials
9:00 - 10:15, Magnus R. Andersson
- Clarifying Undefined or Unmarked Boundary Lines
- Identifying Encroachment Problems
- Improvements in Relation to Property Line
- Clarifying Water and Other Confusing Boundaries
- Title Evidence to Consider
- Current Issues and Case Law
- Using Quiet Title Action, Declaratory Judgments and Other Methods to Resolve Boundary Issues
10:30 - 11:45, Lawrence S. Glosser
- Procedural Requirements for Quiet Title Action in Boundary Cases
- Establishing Junior and Senior Title Rights
- Investigation Tips to Prove or Disprove the Plaintiff's Claim
- Establishing Ownership Through the Title Search
- Evaluating the Relevance of Possession - Who can Bring the Action?
- Action for Ejectment to Establish Claimant's Ownership
- Clearing up Errors in Recording or Description
- Alternatives to Quiet Title Action
- Using Adverse Possession to Establish Boundary Lines
12:45 - 2:00, Lawrence S. Glosser
- Examining Use of Property - Rural vs. Urban Considerations
- Proving/Disproving Property use is Open and Notorious
- Was Possession Exclusive Only to the Claimant? Who may Claim Possession?
- Establishing Timeline of Possession - Tacking Considerations
- The Impact of Defective Deeds on Adverse Possession
- Adverse Possession vs. Permission
- Boundaries by Acquiescence and Estoppel
- Easement and Right of Way Concerns in Boundary Cases
2:15 - 3:30, Jeff H. Capell
- Uncovering Conflicting Easement Descriptions in Surveys and Title Reports
- Developing a Comprehensive Agreement to Clarify the Easement Conflicts
- Easement Enforcement
- Options for Termination and Abandonment of Easements
- Establishing Prescriptive Easements
- Ethics in Boundary Law
3:30 - 4:30, Jeff H. Capell
- Attorney's Fees
- Communication with Unrepresented Parties
- Conflicts of Interest
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for professionals that handle boundary case law including:
- State and Local Government Officials
- Civil Engineers
- Title Insurance Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals