Avoid Common Errors in Mergers and Acquisitions
Are you prepared to overcome obstacles that may arise in handling the sale of a business? Our experienced faculty will walk through key issues to minimize tax exposure, negotiate indemnification and warranties, reduce liability and much more. Learn how to avoid common mistakes and handle them when they happen. Register today!
- Negotiate indemnification to avoid liability.
- Explore costly mistakes in structuring the agreement that affect tax savings.
- Avoid common errors in asset purchase provisions.
- Understand the role of valuation appraisals in mergers and acquisitions.
- Learn how to properly allocate the purchase price.
- Discuss top negotiation strategies to shift risk.
- Incorrectly Handling Difficult Due Diligence Issues
11:00 - 11:35, Erik L. Kantz
- Tax-Saving Traps - Structuring, Allocation, Tax Exposure Reduction
11:35 - 12:10, Terri Krivosha
- Top Asset Purchase Provision Mistakes
12:10 - 12:40, Erik L. Kantz
- Stock Purchase Agreements Gone Wrong
12:55 - 1:30, Erik L. Kantz
- Valuation Appraisals
1:30 - 2:05, Sandy Swartzberg
- Incorrectly Allocating the Purchase Price and Goodwill Allocation
2:35 - 3:05, Sandy Swartzberg
- Mistakes in Minimizing Tax Exposure
3:05 - 3:40, Sandy Swartzberg
- Negotiating Indemnification, Reps and Warranties to Reduce Liability and Shift Risk
3:40 - 4:15, Erik L. Kantz
- Handling Sales by Multiple Owners
4:30 - 5:00, Terri Krivosha
- Ethical Landmines in Business Acquisitions
5:00 - 6:00, Sandy Swartzberg
- Confidentiality Pitfalls
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Dealing with Difficult Counsel
- The Role of an Advisor
- Joint Representation
This course is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit accountants, chief financial officers, tax practitioners, banking professionals and corporate strategic planners.