Form 1023, Form 990, Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, Policies and Much More!
Advising your clients through the thorny maze of eligibility requirements, permitted and prohibited activities, formation documents, application steps and other complexities of the 501(c)(3) application process can be challenging. In this focused legal course, experienced attorney faculty will navigate you through the onerous requirements, identify problematic issues and equip you with the necessary tools you need to ensure your client successfully obtains nonprofit designation from the IRS. Register today!
- Understand the eligibility requirements for 501(c)(3) status.
- Learn key provisions for articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Navigate your way through completion of Form 1023 and deadlines.
- Enhance your understanding of nonprofit governance and tax rules.
Session time: 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Patrick Irvine
- Terminology and Basic Concepts
- Nonprofit vs. Tax Exempt - Discovering the Difference
- Identifying Liability Associated With Unincorporated Organizations
- Including Key Provisions in the Articles of Incorporation
- Bylaws - Key Provisions to Include
- Drafting the Mission Statement
- The Use of LLCs (and L3Cs) for Nonprofits
- Determining the Type of Tax-Exempt Organization Under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC)
- 501(c)(3): Publicly Supported or Private Foundation?
- IRS Application Process for 501(c)(3) - Form 1023: How to Apply
- IRS Application Process for Other 501(c) Categories That Qualify for Exemption: How to Apply
- Required Annual or Periodic Federal/State/Local Filings
This program is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit accountants, enrolled agents, banking professionals, financial planners, non-profit directors and board members, and paralegals.