Refine Your Title Insurance Skillset
Standard title insurance exceptions exist to help title insurers sleep at night, but what should you do when they impede your client's real estate transaction? From quick and easy exception removals to knowing what to do when title insurers won't play ball, you need the necessary knowledge to swiftly react to any situation. This concise yet comprehensive overview of removing standard title exceptions will equip you with the skills you need to help your clients rest easy - register today!
- Obtain essential strategies to overcome title insurer resistance to removing standard title exceptions.
- Know when the proper time is to negotiate the removal of survey exceptions.
- Confidently manage risks associated with gaps in title insurance coverage.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Duane H. Wunsch
- How to Review the Title Commitment
- Extended Coverage or Curing Defects: Which is the Better Option?
- "Survey" Exception Removal: Acceptable Survey Standards, When to Remove and More
- Mechanics' Lien Removal: Ensuring Evidence of Satisfaction is Sufficient
- Leases, Options to Purchase and Trade Fixtures
- Managing Risks Attributable to the "Gap"
- Exception Removal Refusals: What to do if Title Insurers Won't Budge
- Negotiating Additional Title Insurance Coverage
- Endorsement Panoply: Matching Endorsements and Risks
This guide to removing standard title exceptions is for attorneys. Title insurance professionals, real estate professionals and paralegals may also benefit.