Learn How to Make the Best Use of MMMNA for Married Clients
Married Medicaid claimants have a great resource - the monthly maintenance needs allowance. Do you have all the information you need to maximize its use for every client? This focused course will clarify the rules and requirements that allow claimants to qualify for MMMNA and will offer helpful tips for asset and income treatment within its context. Register today!
- Find out how home equity is treated for MMMNA purposes.
- Learn how to make sure community spouse qualifies for the allowance.
- Save time with sample forms and documents.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Beth L. Barnhard and Lauren S. Marinaro
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA) in a Nutshell
- Community Spouse: Ensuring the Definition is Met
- Asset Treatment for MMMNA Purposes
- Combined Assets: What Can Community Spouses Keep?
- When can Community Spouse Keep More Than Half of Shared Assets?
- Determining Which Assets are Exempt
- Factoring in Non-Exempt Assets: Key Documents to Use
- Income Treatment for MMMNA Purposes
- Community Spouse Personal Income
- Monthly Income Allowance (MIA): When is the Community Spouse Entitled?
- MIA Calculation Essentials
- Treatment of Institutionalized Spouse's Income
- Example Forms and Documents
This legal briefing is for attorneys. It will also benefit life care planners, financial planners, accountants, and paralegals.