Get up to speed on the new rules!
What is 3.8% NII surtax? When and how does the tax apply to individuals? What income is subject to the tax and what are the passive activity income characterization rules? These questions and many more will be answered in this fast-paced program. Register today!
- Review income subject to the tax and passive activity income characterization rules.
- Identify how to calculate the tax.
- Evaluate trusts and estates, tax rules and planning approaches.
- Make the best out of special rules and situations.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Paul F. Wright
- What is 3.8% NII Surtax? Overview
- When and How Does the Tax Apply to Individuals?
- Income Subject to the Tax and Passive Activity Income Characterization Rules
- Calculating the Tax
- Trusts and Estates: Tax Rules and Planning Approaches
- Material Participation
- Electing Small Business Trusts ("ESBTs")
- Calculations and Examples
- Making the Best of Special Rules and Situations
- Income on Investment of Working Capital
- Dispositions of Active Interest in Partnerships and S Corporations
- Groupings of Passive Activities
This program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, certified financial planners, trust officers and paralegals.