A Cutting Edge Look at Estate Administration Complexities
Can you confidently handle the complicated issues that arise in estate administration? Go beyond the basics and get right to the heart of the complex and diverse problems that make up the estate administration process. Get expert guidance on tough inventory issues, trust administration, taxes, conundrums and more. Increase your legal mastery of complex estate administration issues - register today!
- Learn how best to correct consequences of improper planning.
- Review difficult issues concerning post-mortem trust administration.
- Understand when it is worth it to contest Medicaid recovery against the estate.
- Tackle the toughest will dispute and probate litigation issues.
- Explore the complex tax planning and reporting issues in estate administration.
- Protect your professional reputation with a targeted legal ethics guide.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Tough Inventory and Appraisal Issues
10:00 - 10:45, Tammy Koester Parks
- Post-Mortem Trust Administration Hurdles
10:45 - 11:30, Tammy Koester Parks
- Medicaid Estate Recovery Claims
11:45 - 12:30, Paul M. Schmidt
- Trust and Estate Disputes
12:30 - 1:15, Paul M. Schmidt
- Thorny Tax Issues
1:45 - 2:30, John R. Riccardi
- Correcting Consequences of Improper Planning
2:30 - 3:00, Tammy Koester Parks
- Will Contests and Estate Litigation
3:00 - 3:45, John R. Riccardi
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, Paul M. Schmidt
- Who Is Your Client?
- Attorney Fees and Engagement Agreements
- Attorney Fiduciary Duty to the Decedent
- Attorney Fiduciary Duty to Third Party Beneficiaries
- Protecting Confidentiality
- Client Capacity Issues
This course is designed for attorneys. Personal representatives, trust officers, accountants, CPAs, tax preparers, enrolled agents, estate and financial planners, investment advisors, and paralegals will also benefit.