Get Your Most Pressing Question - Answered!
The CFPB has released new guidance on foreclosure. Are you in compliance? In this comprehensive, full-day seminar on TRID, the CFPB and foreclosure you'll get your top questions answered - AND get in compliance. Walk-through the Small Mortgage Servicer Rules and Foreclosure, confidently navigate the new foreclosure process and better understand the new wave of foreclosure defense under TRID and the CFPB. Don't miss out on this timely program - register today!
- Walk through a timeline of applicable regulations and guidance.
- Identify new post-foreclosure and fee issues, including "liability after foreclosure."
- Get an update on the CFPB, TRID, foreclosure and collection essentials.
- What are the current mistakes being made? Find out!
- Get an overview of the current scheme and how it differs from the pre-TRID era.
- Find out when you use TRID docs vs. GFE/HUD docs
- Learn what the role of the CFPB is when the creditor causes changes in closing figures, APR and more.
- Learn what issues the CFPB is currently having with community banks.
- Discover how the new laws affect the foreclosure process from step one through the date of the sale and after.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- CFPB, TRID, Foreclosure and Collection Essentials
11:00 - 12:00,
- Your TOP Questions - Answered.
12:15 - 1:15,
Megan R. Stumph
- When do You Use TRID Docs vs. GFE/HUD Docs?
- Foreclosure: How Best to Advise the Real Estate Professional and the Consumer - What are the Options Available to the Consumer?
- What is the Role of the CFPB When the Creditor Causes Changes in
- Closing Figures
- Loan Product
- Adding a Prepayment Penalty
- Is There Sufficient Protection for the Consumer?
- What are the FHA/VA Pre-Acceleration/Foreclosure Servicing Requirements?
- What are the Federal Appellate Court Splits and How do I Interpret Them?
- What is the Statute of Limitations on Home Loan Promissory Notes? Can They be "De-Accelerated"?
- The Small Mortgage Servicer Rules and Foreclosure
1:15 - 2:00, Megan R. Stumph
- What are the CFPB Issues Commonly Faced by Community Banks?
- How do I Avoid/Handle Them?
- What are the Top Foreclosure Pitfalls for Small Servicers?
- The New Foreclosure Process (How the New Laws Affect the Foreclosure Process From Step One Thru the Date of the Sale and After)
2:30 - 3:45, Megan R. Stumph
- Curing Title Problems Prior to Commencing the Action
- The New Foreclosure Timeline
- The New Demand Letter
- Sample Updated Forms
- The Foreclosure Action - Lis Pendens, Parties Named, Summons, Complaint
- Foreclosure/Sheriff's Sale - Notice Requirements, Bidding Process, Closing, etc.
- Pursuit of Guarantors
- Before Foreclosure Sale?
- Checking Percentage Guarantees
- Deficiency Judgment Issues
- The Deed
- New Notice Requirements
- Foreclosure Hearing
- The "Closing" with Third Party Bidders
- New Post-Foreclosure and Fee Issues, Including "Liability After Foreclosure"
3:45 - 4:45,
- What Fees (i.e. Servicing Fees and Termite Fees) are Included in the Finance Charge?
- "Liability After Foreclosure"
- Eviction and Ejectment
- Liability for Code Violations, Taxes, Homeowner Dues, etc.
- Property Preservation Problems
- A New Wave of Foreclosure Defense
5:00 - 6:00,
- Explanation of TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, and Other Federal Statute-Based Affirmative Defenses and/or Counterclaims - Elements, How to Spot Issues, etc.
- Recent Changes and Developments in Regards to Foreclosure Defense
- Rule Changes Affecting Foreclosure Litigation
- What to Look for in the New Mortgage Servicing Rules
- Truth in Lending Act Violations and Rescission
- Pooling and Servicing Agreement Defenses
- Lack of Standing and Producing the Note
- MERS as a Foreclosure Defense
- Home Affordable Modification Program Litigation
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.