Stay in the Know on Airbnb, VRBO and Short-Term Lease Agreements
AirBnBs, VRBOs and other short-term rentals have become increasingly popular. Are you up to speed on the latest issues concerning this emerging area? This insightful course will guide you through the rules and regulations surrounding Airbnbs, VRBOs and other short-term leases, as well as the unique considerations concerning liability, zoning, taxes and more. Ensure you have covered all your bases - register today!
- Discuss recent developments and hot-button issues surrounding Airbnbs, VRBOs and short-term leases.
- Review the fundamentals of what to include in an agreement.
- Take a closer look at how city zoning restrictions and other limitations can affect these agreements.
- Learn what consideration must be made concerning insurance and taxes outside of the agreement.
- Explore potential problems that can occur and how to properly handle them.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Airbnb, VRBO and Short -Term Lease Law
10:00 - 10:45, Mark Hazelbaker
- Laws Applying to VRBO, Airbnb and Short Term Leases
- Rules and Regulations You Need to Know
- Current Trends
- Case Law
- Recent Developments and Hot-Button Issues
- Getting Started - Critical Things you MUST Know.
10:45 - 11:30, Zachary D. Schorr
- Can Hosts Ask Guests to Sign an Agreement?
- Lease? Contract? Guest Agreement?
- Apartment? House? Vacation Home?
- How to Make Airbnb/VRBO/Short-Term Lease Work for Your Client
- Initial Landlord/Tenant Concerns
- Critical Things You Should Know Before Using Airbnb/VRBO/Short-Term Leases
- The Dangers of Operating Without Licenses
- Using LLC's to Purchase Real Estate for Purposes of a VRBO/Short-Term Lease
11:45 - 12:30, Timothy J. Walsh
- City Zoning Restrictions/Additional Limitations
12:30 - 1:30, Mark Hazelbaker
- Short Term Rentals: When are They Commercial Properties?
- What Works, What Doesn't and What Leads to Lawsuits
- An Analysis of Short-Term Rental Ordinances
- Enforcing Short-Term Rental Laws
- Challenging Local Short-Term Rental Laws
- Top 7 Provisions You MUST Include!
2:00 - 2:30, Timothy J. Walsh
- Outside the Contract - Critical Considerations
2:30 - 3:15, Mark Hazelbaker
- What are the "House Rules"?
- Insurance Considerations
- Tax Considerations
- Reporting Income
- Deducting Expenses
- Dividing Expenses Between Personal and Rental Use
- Clarifying Tax Reporting Questions for Short-Term Rentals
- Review of Sample Ironclad Agreement/Lease/Contract
3:15 - 3:45, Timothy J. Walsh
- When AirBNB/VRBO Goes Wrong - Ways to Avoid/Handle a Disaster
4:00 - 5:00, Zachary D. Schorr
- Contract Cancellation, Termination and Release
- Responsibility for Damages Caused by the Guests
- Holding Airbnb/VRBO Responsible for the Damages
- Holding the Guest/Tenant Responsible or the Damages
- When the Insurance Company Denies the Claim...
This course is designed for attorney. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.