Proven, Up-to-the-Minute Prevention Tips
FTC Regulators are tightening regulations on numerous Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violations in an effort to stop harassment and abusive collection retrieval practices. Our seasoned faculty will walk you through the top mistakes that attorneys make regarding the FDCPA and give you proven tactics on how to avoid these common mistakes. Be prepared if regulators come knocking on your clients' door. Order today!
- Get the latest insights on the "Mini-Miranda" warning and the "Least Sophisticated Consumer" standard.
- Learn the rules revolving around third-party disclosure and when it is illegal.
- Identify and avoid the most common mistakes collectors are making under the FDCPA.
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Robert J. Flanagan III
- The "Mini-Miranda" Warning - Top Errors Made
- Debtor Cease and Desist Request Pitfalls to Avoid
- The Prohibition Against False, Deceptive and Misleading Representations
- Verification of a Debt - Top Mistakes
- The "Least Sophisticated Consumer" Standard
- Leaving Messages and Other Technology-Related Riddles
- Dealing with Consumer "Stalls" While Remaining Compliant
- Oversights When Discussing Litigation with the Consumer and Third Parties
- Mistakes Made in the Letter Drafting Process
- Risky Vocabulary and Language in Collector Talk-Offs
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.