Trust Essentials in Divorce
Among the various assets that must be accounted for in divorce, trusts can pose a variety of issues to handle. This essential course will guide you through the different types of trusts and the purposes for each. Learn effective ways to find trust assets, how they are valued and the best practices for division upon divorce. Gain the knowledge you need to protect your client's trust interests - register today!
- Learn about different types of trusts and how they are used.
- Review the process for finding applicable trust assets.
- Understand what the calculations of present and future values of trusts can mean in divorce.
- Discuss the options for structuring the division of trusts.
- Explore the applicable transfer fees and tax considerations that must be factored in.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Christopher W. Dietrich
- Types of Trusts and How They're Used
- Understanding Trust Documents in Divorce
- Locating Trust Assets
- Present and Future Value of Trust Assets
- Is the Trust Marital Property?
- Termination and Amendment of Trusts Pending Divorce
- Interim Estate Planning
- Community Property and Equitable Distribution Laws
- Structuring the Division
- Transfer Fees and Tax Considerations
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit from attending.