Understanding the Compliance and Litigation Aspects
Explore the risks, compliance tips and litigation issues inherent in using electronic signatures and conducting electronic transactions. Assess the risks and benefits of e-contracts and find out how they're used in litigation. Order today!
- Learn when and how electronic signatures can be used safely and what laws govern their use.
- Clarify what clients need to know before signing to ensure the validity of e-signed documents and prevent future disputes.
- Identify and resolve the authentication and admissibility issues often faced in dealing with e-contracts.
1:00 PM to 4:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
1:00 - 2:30, Michael J. Gorby
- Electronic and Digital Signatures and Electronic Transactions and Records: What Are They?
- Introduction to ESIGN, UETA and Electronic Transactions
- The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA)
- Transactions Excluded from UETA
- The Risks and Benefits of Conducting Business Electronically
- UCC Article 3 Negotiable Instruments Law
2:45 - 4:15, Steven B. Vinick
- Advising Clients About E-Signature Use and Electronic Transactions
- Duty to Advise Clients Regarding E-Signatures and Electronic Commerce
- E-Signature Platforms: Data Security and Other Considerations
- Authentication of E-Signatures: Users, Documents and Closing Process
- Litigation Arising from E-Signature Use and Electronic Transactions
- Use of E-Filing and E-Signatures in Trying a Case
- Authentication and Admissibility of E-Signatures and Electronic Contracts
- Recent Case Law on E-Signatures and Electronic Contracts
This legal course is designed for attorneys.