Make Sure the Revocable Living Trusts You Draft Work as Intended
In this engaging overview, our expert estate planning attorney faculty will shed light on the most common and some of the more hidden mistakes in using revocable living trusts in estate plans. Make certain all the decisions you make along the way: from choosing the trust structure through the funding and execution actually help clients and not harm them. Order today!
- Understand the consequences of choosing the wrong trust structure and how to avoid it.
- Zero in on the most common and egregious mistakes in fiduciary and distribution provisions.
- Review select trust provisions to avoid errors and save time drafting yours.
- When is an RLT not needed? Explore simple and effective alternatives to RLTs.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Thomas W. Aldous Jr.
- Laying the Groundwork: What are Living Trusts?
- Choosing a Trust When it's Not Needed
- Establishing the Wrong Type of Trust
- Failure to Build Flexibility into the Trust Language
- Unclear Distribution Provisions
- Failure to Address Tax Issues
- Mistakes in Fiduciary Provisions
- Not Coordinating the Trust with the Rest of the Estate Plan
- Mistakes in Funding the Trust
This fundamental legal course breaks down the use of revocable living trusts into simple tips and tactics and will benefit attorneys. It may also be of interest to accountants, estate planners, tax professionals, trust officers and paralegals.