Learn about the duties of cybersecurity analysts who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Depending on the size of the organization, this individual may act alone or may be a member of a cybersecurity incident response team (CSIRT).
Gain the tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, evaluate an organization's security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. This is a comprehensive approach to security aimed toward those on the front lines of defense.
This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the CompTIA CySA+ - Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CS0-002) certification exam.
DoD Approved 8570 Base Line Certification Prep Course
Learn more about this topic in this recorded webinar From Analyst to Threat Hunter.
Learn more about this topic in this recorded webinar The Importance of Maintaining Cyber Security Skills.
Learn more about this topic in this recorded webinar Deploying MITRE ATT&CK Navigator to Improve Incident Response.
Assess and respond to security threats and operate a systems and network security analysis platform.
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization's technology architecture.
Lesson 1: Explaining the Importance of Security Controls and Security Intelligence
- Topic 1A: Identify Security Control Types
- Topic 1B: Explain the Importance of Threat Data and Intelligence
Lesson 2: Utilizing Threat Data and Intelligence
- Topic 2A: Classify Threats and Threat Actor Types
- Topic 2B: Utilize Attack Frameworks and Indicator Management
- Topic 2C: Utilize Threat Modeling and Hunting Methodologies
Lesson 3: Analyzing Security Monitoring Data
- Topic 3A: Analyze Network Monitoring Output
- Topic 3B: Analyze Appliance Monitoring Output
- Topic 3C: Analyze Endpoint Monitoring Output
- Topic 3D: Analyze Email Monitoring Output
Lesson 4: Collecting and Querying Security Monitoring Data
- Topic 4A: Configure Log Review and SIEM Tools
- Topic 4B: Analyze and Query Logs and SIEM Data
Lesson 5: Utilizing Digital Forensics and Indicator Analysis Techniques
- Topic 5A: Identify Digital Forensics Techniques
- Topic 5B: Analyze Network-related IOCs
- Topic 5C: Analyze Host-related IOCs
- Topic 5D: Analyze Application-related IOCs
- Topic 5E: Analyze Lateral Movement and Pivot IOCs
Lesson 6: Applying Incident Response Procedures
- Topic 6A: Explain Incident Response Processes
- Topic 6B: Apply Detection and Containment Processes
- Topic 6C: Apply Eradication, Recovery, and Post-incident Processes
Lesson 7: Applying Risk Mitigation and Security Frameworks
- Topic 7A: Apply Risk Identification, Calculation,and Prioritization Processes
- Topic 7B: Explain Frameworks, Policies, and Procedures
Lesson 8: Performing Vulnerability Management
- Topic 8A: Analyze Output from Enumeration Tools
- Topic 8B: Configure Infrastructure Vulnerability Scanning Parameters
- Topic 8C: Analyze Output from Infrastructure Vulnerability Scanners
- Topic 8D: Mitigate Vulnerability Issues
Lesson 9: Applying Security Solutions for Infrastructure Management
- Topic 9A: Apply Identity and Access Management Security Solutions
- Topic 9B: Apply Network Architecture and Segmentation Security Solutions
- Topic 9C: Explain Hardware Assurance Best Practices
- Topic 9D: Explain Vulnerabilities Associated with Specialized Technology
Lesson 10: Understanding Data Privacy and Protection
- Topic 10A: Identify Non-technical Data and Privacy Controls
- Topic 10B: Identify Technical Data and Privacy Controls
Lesson 11: Applying Security Solutions for Software Assurance
- Topic 11A: Mitigate Software Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Topic 11B: Mitigate Web Application Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Topic 11C: Analyze Output from Application Assessments
Lesson 12: Applying Security Solutions for Cloud and Automation
- Topic 12A: Identify Cloud Service and Deployment Model Vulnerabilities
- Topic 12B: Explain Service-oriented Architecture
- Topic 12C: Analyze Output from Cloud Infrastructure Assessment Tools
- Topic 12D: Compare Automation Concepts and Technologies
- IT Security Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Security Engineer