Squashing Workplace Negativity
Stop Negative Attitudes from Infecting Your Employees
Negativity can act like a viral illness that spreads throughout your team or organization. Left unchecked, these bad attitudes can reduce morale and engagement, adversely affect retention of your best employees and have a significant impact on productivity and the bottom line.
As a manager or leader in your organization, you need to be able to recognize and diagnose negative behaviors early, before they take hold, so that you can take corrective action.
To combat negativity, you need to be able to proactively inoculate your team against its dangers by creating the right type of workplace norms and climate. In this webinar, you’ll get tactics and techniques to lead individuals or teams out of negative cycles and create positive cultures of personal accountability.
What You Will Learn
Every manager deals with personality conflicts, interpersonal friction and the occasional bad attitude. A little bit is normal and to be expected. However, when too much negativity infects work, it will block productivity, ruin morale and stifle positive change.
Attend this webinar to understand the underlying causes of workplace negativity and learn strategies for preventing and dealing with negativity, including:
- How to recognize the warning signs of a negative workplace
- Tips for communicating the true cost of negativity in your team
- Ways to differentiate between two different types of workplace negativity
- Which critical steps to take when confronting and working with a negative individual
- How your own behavior as a manager can contribute to the problem – or the solution of workplace negativity
- Guidelines to establish a positive work culture that encourages optimism and helps correct negative patterns
- A step-by-step process for building a motivating, positive culture in your team
- Join us to discover how to create a positive work environment that will help you, your company and your employees.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the underlying causes of workplace negativity and how it spreads
- Learn the negative value chain between mindset and negative behaviors
- Explore a process for building a motivating, positive culture in your team
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one day before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials that will help guide your learning process!
In addition, paid registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This particular webinar does not offer continuing education credits.
About the Presenters
Dr. Joseph Reed is a Master Trainer, an MBTI® Master Practitioner, as well as a former Marine Corps Officer and University Faculty Member. He’s the CEO of J.R.Training and DrJosephReed.Com. His mission is to help people improve their effectiveness by providing simple truths, interpersonal tools and helpful mental maps. Dr. Reed has spent over twenty-five years working with both leaders and individual contributors to help them improve their abilities to get the right things done, enhance their working relationships and perform up to their potential. He has worked across a variety of industries with diverse organizations including: BBraun, Boston Scientific, Comcast, Hatch Mott MacDonald, Lafarge, Merck, Parexcel, Pratt & Whitney, SAP and Siemens.