Overcome the Complexities of 501(c)(3) Status
Advising your clients through the thorny maze of eligibility requirements, permitted and prohibited activities, formation documents, application steps and other complexities of the 501(c)(3) application process can be challenging. In this focused legal course, experienced attorney faculty will navigate you through the onerous requirements, identify problematic issues and equip you with the necessary tools you need to ensure your client successfully obtains nonprofit designation from the IRS. Order today!
- Understand the eligibility requirements for 501(c)(3) status.
- Learn key provisions for formation documents.
- Navigate your way through completion of Form 1023 and deadlines.
- Analyze criteria for public charity and private foundation status.
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Speaker: Alyssa Gross
- Determining Eligibility
- Drafting Organizational Documents (Articles of Incorporation & Bylaws and Conflict of Interest Policy)
- Deciding on Public Charity vs. Private Foundation Classification
- Organizations Eligible to File the New Form 1023-EZ
- Obtaining a Federal EIN
- Completing Form 1023 (Application for Recognition of Exemption) and Deadlines
- IRS Processing Procedures
- Working with Professionals
This program is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit accountants and paralegals.