Pick up Real-World Strategies for Negotiating and Enforcing Indemnification Provisions
This program will teach you how to customize your indemnification provisions while avoiding language pitfalls that lead to misinterpretation or disputes. Anticipate real-world implications of unclear clause language and examine enforceable terms that allow your provisions to perform the way you intend. Draft and negotiate these critical provisions with confidence - register today!
- Understand the legal and reasonable limits of indemnification.
- Make key distinctions between similar-sounding terms to avoid improper usage.
- Receive practical, step-by-step guidance on drafting and negotiating term language.
- Examine real-world implications of indemnification provisions gone wrong.
Session Time: 1:00 PM- 2:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Richard E. Novak
- Top Oversights When Applying Laws to Indemnity
- Errors in Drafting Ironclad Indemnification Clauses
- Enforceability Mistakes
- Reciprocity in Indemnity Provision Pitfalls
- Proper Scope and Duties Being Contemplated - Top Conundrums
- Active vs. Passive Negligence Term Inaccuracies
- Insurance, Waiver and Subrogation Errors
- Liability and Risk Allocation: Defining Potential Extent
- What is the Source & Extent of Potential Loss?
- Damages and Settlement Errors
- Notice and Control; Limitations and Reimbursement Oversights
- When, Where and How to Include Indemnification Provisions in Legal Documents - Top Slipups
- Indemnification Conundrums - Clarified
- The Limits of Indemnification
- Indemnity, Indemnify, Indemnification and "Hold Harmless" Slipups
- The Interplay of Insurance, LOL and Indemnity
- When the Love is Gone . . . Detangling Indemnity & Proving Liability Landmines
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.