Fulfill Credit Requirements and Resolve Top Ethical Problems Facing Attorneys Today
This legal ethics trouble-shooting guide will give you the rundown of the critical rules of professional conduct and will help you clear up any uncertainties in how they are applied in everyday practice. Identify the most dangerous pitfalls and challenges of protecting confidentiality, preventing conflicts of interest, handling attorney fees, and many more. Register today!
- Review key ethics rules and clarify how they affect your everyday practice.
- Locate areas of vulnerability to malpractice and learn how to protect yourself.
- Get guidance on effective and efficient conflict checks.
- Learn what must-have elements to include in engagement agreements to manage expectations and prevent fee disputes.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Applying Rules of Professional Conduct: The Grey Areas
10:00 - 10:15, Dean R. Dietrich
- Daily Tasks That Threaten Legal Malpractice
10:15 - 10:45, Steven R. Sorenson
- Top Confidentiality Hurdles
10:45 - 11:30, Dean R. Dietrich
- Email Risks and Proactive Secure Practices
- Client File Retention and Destruction
- Protecting Confidentiality in Third Party Communications and Inquiries
- Tough Conflicts of Interest Issues
11:45 - 12:30, Steven R. Sorenson
- Applying Rules of Professional Conduct in Cases of Uncertainty
- Conflict Checks: Commonly Overlooked Issues
- Conflicts of Interest and Former Clients
- Doing Business with Current and Former Clients
- The Ethical Wall
- Preventing Problems with Attorney Fees, Agreements, and Client Trust Accounts
12:30 - 1:15, Steven R. Sorenson
- Determining the Appropriateness of Attorney Fees
- Tricky Engagement Agreement Items - Clarifying Scope of Representation
- Attorney Client Trust Account Management - Top Problems
- Co-Counsel and Fee Splitting
This legal ethics course is designed for attorneys.