Learn How to Navigate the Procedures and Laws Surrounding Estate Recovery
Medicaid estate recovery risk is a critical consideration in every client's elder care plan. This practical legal guide offers essential tools needed to provide clients with the most current and accurate information available. Clarify what's recoverable, better understand authorization of Medicaid estate recovery, and learn the different laws you need to know - register today!
- Gain a better understanding of probate estate and "augmented estate."
- Learn how joint tenancies, contract laws and trust laws affect your client's estate.
- Recognize what your role is when counseling clients.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: John R. Bennett III
- Spotting Limitations on Authorization of Medicaid Estate Recovery: Federal Pre-Emption, Exemptions, Case Law, and More
- Determining What's Recoverable
- Clarifying Definition of "Estate" - Probate and Augmented
- Applying the Tests Correctly
- Leveraging Remedies to Recovery from Medicaid Recipient vs. Spouse
- Sorting Through Conflicting Laws: Medicaid Law vs. State, Contract, Trust and Tax Laws
- How to Handle Interests in Life Estates
- What to Do with Interests in IRAs and Other Qualified Accounts
- Using Planning Tools to Protect Assets From Recovery
- Dealing with Estate Recovery Liens
- Counseling Clients - Words of Advice
This program will benefit attorneys who are looking to gain a better understanding of the processes and procedures surrounding Medicaid estate recovery. Accountants and financial planners will also benefit from this program.