Make the Best Use of Gifts When Qualifying Clients for Medicaid
This engaging course offers practical guidance on using gifts in planning for Medicaid. Get straightforward, actionable advice on using this planning approach to maximize asset protection while qualifying clients for Medicaid. Register today!
- Get an update on Medicaid criteria and lookback requirements.
- Understand tax consequences of gifts.
- Prevent gifts from ruining Medicaid eligibility.
- Explore the waivers and exceptions your clients can make use of.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: David J. Zumpano
- Meeting Medicaid Resource Criteria
- Complying With DRA Lookback Period Requirements
- Clarifying What's Considered a Gift and Limitations on Gifting
- Planning for Tax Implications of Gifts
- Avoiding the Trap of Unintentional Gifts
- Calculating the Penalty Period of Ineligibility
- Taking Full Advantage of Waivers and Exceptions to Medicaid Asset Transfer Rules (Family Caregiver, Spousal Impoverishment)
This legal course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, financial planners, life care planners, and paralegals.