Advise Clients on I-9 Compliance, Enforcement Actions, Visa Applications and More!
The intersection of immigration and employment law is one that must be navigated with great care. The procedures employers must follow are rigorous and the price of making mistakes is high. Don't make errors that could jeopardize your clients' futures - and your reputation. In this comprehensive overview immigration and employment law, you will learn how to confidently advise clients on key immigration matters such as I-9 compliance, ICE enforcement actions, visa applications and more. Navigate the immigration and employment law crossroads with confidence - register today!
- Get the latest immigration updates your clients expect you to know.
- Ensure clients avoid critical I-9 errors - and are able to defend themselves if accused of violations.
- Confidently handle situations where foreign workers have to travel abroad - or to the U.S. - for business purposes.
- Gather critical H-1B visa supporting evidence that establishes client qualifications for open positions.
- Be prepared - know what to do when ICE agents come knocking on employers' doors.
All times are shown in Eastern
- Immigration Law Updates: Travel Bans and More
10:00 - 10:45
- Ensuring I-9 Compliance: Critical Must-Haves and Updates
10:45 - 11:45
- New I-9 Form: Avoiding Critical Errors
- Essential Procedures to Verify Documentation
- Establishing Affirmative Defenses to I-9 Violations
- I-9 Audits: Proactive Preparation and Day-of Pointers
- Foreign Workers Travelling Abroad or to the U.S.: Ensuring They Don't Land in Hot Water
12:00 - 12:45
- Consulate Interview Preparation: Potential New Questions
- Required Documents
- Obtaining Visas for U.S. Travel
- Electronic I-94 Review and Correction
- Filing Extensions for Stays
- H-1B Visa How-To's: Applications, Supporting Evidence and Current Government Positions
1:15 - 2:15
- Current Application Procedures and Deadlines
- Supporting Letters: Job Duties, Degree Requirements, Etc.
- Responding to USCIS Requests for Evidence
- New USCIS Memo: What You Need to Know
- Targeted Site Visits: How to Prepare
- Increased Efforts to Deter and Detect Fraud
- H-1B to Green Card: the PERM Process
- Obtaining Other Employment-Related Visas: Application Procedures and More
2:15 - 3:00
- Specialty Workers, Managers and Other Highly-Skilled Professionals
- Persons of Extraordinary Ability
- Agricultural Workers
- Investors and Traders
- Students, Trainees and Others
- Rights for Spouses and Family Members
- Immigration Enforcement Actions: What to do if ICE Comes Knocking
3:15 - 4:00
- Liabilities: Hiring Managers, Business Owners, etc.
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) Concerns
- What to do if Raids Happen
- Putting Compliance Programs in Place to Mitigate Risks
- Ethical Considerations
4:00 - 5:00
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
- Advertising Legal Services
- Dual Representation and Joint Sponsors
- Withdrawal of Representation
This program is for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.