Ensure a Smooth and Productive Asset Tracing Engagement
Financial tracing can be crucial in supporting or disproving claims regarding comingled/transmuted assets, concealed monies, and other issues. The key is to get it done smoothly and efficiently to avoid delaying and complicating the case. Avoid damaging mistakes and pick up key strategies for each crucial step - from identification to valuation of assets - so you can further your clients' financial goals. Register today!
- Refine your skills of determining whether specific assets are marital or separate property.
- Avoid misunderstandings stemming from differences between legal and accounting concepts and methodologies.
- Walk through each key step of asset tracing, including identification, separation into components and valuation of assets.
- Discover how stipulations in marital agreements affect asset tracing.
Session Time: 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Andrew M. Tatge
- When Financial Asset Tracing is Needed
- Identifying the Specific Assets to be Divided
- Separating Individual Components of Each Asset to Determine Their Divisibility
- Proving Separate Property - Identifying, Placing and Meeting the Burden of Proof
- Valuing the Divisible Assets and Components
- The Role of Marital Agreements
- The Role of Forensic Accountants
This essential legal program is designed for attorneys. Forensic accountants, divorce financial analysts and paralegals may also benefit.