Prepare to Protect Your Professional Reputation in the Toughest of Circumstances
You're dedicated to the practice of law and to your clients. But no one is immune from mistakes or miscommunications. Don't let an oversight or misunderstanding derail your practice and permanently stain your professional reputation. Get practical legal ethics tactics to handle any sensitive situation with care and dignity the legal profession demands. Register today!
- Identify key "danger areas" that land attorneys in hot water.
- Learn what NOT to do if a complaint has been filed.
- Walk through the key steps of the disciplinary process.
- Get guidance for addressing client complaints properly, to leave no room for lingering concerns.
- Come away with effective tactics for handling malpractice litigation.
All times shown in Eastern time
- Identifying and Preventing Top Client Complaints
10:00 - 10:20, Keith Sellen
- Grievance Procedure: Key Steps
10:20 - 10:40, Keith Sellen
- What NOT to Do When a Complaint Has been Filed Against You
10:40 - 11:10, Keith Sellen
- Should You Contact the Former Client Who's Complained?
11:10 - 11:20, Keith Sellen
- Communicating with the Investigator/Committee
11:20 - 11:30, Keith Sellen
- When to Engage Counsel
11:45 - 11:55, Peyton Engel
- Getting the Help of Your Malpractice Carrier
11:55 - 12:15, Peyton Engel
- What to Include in Your Written Response
12:15 - 12:45, Peyton Engel
- Surviving a Malpractice Suit
12:45 - 1:15, Peyton Engel
This critical legal ethics guide is designed for attorneys.