Navigating the complexities of the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) can be complex and overwhelming to any organization, regardless of whether you are a new or seasoned Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional assigned to facilitate this role. Learning Objectives
This training session teaches you how to develop a comprehensive strategy to implement the VPP Program within an organization. There also will be a Comprehensive Question and Answer period to help with your OSHA VPP Site Implementation.
By attending, you and/or your team will learn:
- The four key elements and sub-elements of the OSHA VPP Program
- How to get a baseline of a safety culture within your facility
- How to best engage employees and senior management in the safety process for VPP site implementation
- Fully comprehend the benefits of establishing a VPP Mentor for VPP site implementation
- Understand how to work with OSHA to achieve VPP site implementation success
- How to properly fill out and submit the OSHA VPP application
- Best Practices and Take-Aways in VPP site implementation
You'll also have the opportunity to get answers to your site-specific questions or concerns on this topic during the Q and A session.About Your Trainer
Joe Keenan is a highly-experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and Human Resources (HR) Professional and Management Consultant with over 22 years of experience.
He has earned a Green Belt in Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing in 2005, Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with a Human Resource Management Concentration in 2007, and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) in 2011, and has been an OSHA General Industry and Construction 10/30-Hour Authorized Outreach Trainer since 2002.
Joe previously served on the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program Participants Association (VPPPA) Region IV Board of Directors as a Director at Large from 2013-2015, and currently serves as President of a state chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE).